2009年1月8日星期四

Hi everyone!

Today is the last day of BSC Dec 2008-Jan 2009. I'm taking a last look around me, everywhere. The streets, the classrooms, the shops... everything. Ever since I set my foot on BSC, I have been taking notice of the lives of the civilians here. What would it be like to be back in Singapore? Without the yangrouchuan shops, roadside stalls, interesting people all around, the alleys.. Ah yes. the hutong. That's what I want to talk about today----the hutong tour on the Tuesday.

I remember us seated in a coach on Tuesday morning. This will be our last field trip, I heard myself saying. It will be a memorable one. The coach finally drove us to our destination. There, a tour guide took over and we were kindly ushered into trishaws, two per person. Having a ride on a trishaw was a breeze, literally, because the cold wind was blowing into our faces. Although it was not really strong, it still freezed us. Even the mighty Li Ye beside me felt cold. Nevertheless, it was interesting to look at our surroundings from the trishaw seat. This is the view from the trishaw:



















Besides the back of the trishaw guy, we could also see the conditions of the hutong. There were cracked walls, chipped-off paint, and things that cannot really be prevented. However, despite all this, we were able to see the infrastructural organisation

没有评论:

发表评论